Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ike & Tina

My fellow PK'ists. Welcome home. You finally have a place to call your own. A place you can come to in your time of need. Allow myself to introduce....myself. I am a quasi-cardiologist. What is that you say? It's a person who travels from one hospital to another selling things to cardiologists but also pretending to be one to impress girls. I am also the overgrown child of Egyptian immigrants who has but one dream. To see the Habs win their Jihad vs the Bruins and hoist their 25th Stanley Cup. Then and only then will my time on this planet be complete. I've been a season ticket holder since the 2005 lockout. My relationship with this team is much like Ike and Tina Turner. Unfortunately, I am Tina. I get out there, working for the man every night and day. Then Ike beats the shit out of me and I pay him. Over and over and over again. And if I decide that enough is enough, well there is a waiting list 10 years long of suckers ready to take my place.

Like my uncle Hosni used to say, "If your people rise up and demand change, tell them to eat shit and go fuck themselves. Then increase the price of season tickets 20% every year."

Luckily, I do extract some joy from a few other things: The New York Yankees and Seinfeld. That's it. Oh, and my 18 month old son. And Nutella. Bonne saison tout le monde!

5 comments:

Public Domain said...

Yay for Pk'ists! Taking plot twists to a new level since... the day before yesterday.

and yay for PK. and the other guys too. Go Habs Go. (can I say that here?)

Steve said...

Its a little overwhelming, two of us will stay with the sequel and the other two will inhabit this zone.
Pastifarians for PK-ists

HabsFan29 said...

I'm down with the Nutella, but the Yankees are a problem

You're batting .500 DC

Kmaxx said...

Love this blog. Nice to meet you DC (sorry if that sounds too familiar but you feel like family)

Don's Cherries said...

I love it when strangers get cozy with me. It reminds me of when I was working the streets of East LA. Kmaxx, my cherries are your cherries.