Friday, February 15, 2013

Habs putting together the most horrifying winning streak ever.

Disclaimer: The following post is bipolar

So the Habs rolled into south Florida last night with a chip on their shoulder.  I mean an actual chip.  Apparently Michel Therrien is a notorious Pringles lover and he leaves crumbs everywhere.  After the ugliest win ever in Tampa, you would think the team would come flying out and drown the Panthers in a relentless series of attacks.  Instead, they drowned their fans in a pool of our own tears.  Tears of boredom.  Holy shit was that brutal!  Don't get me wrong, I'll take the 4 points on the road, but if there was an Oscar for most unwatchable hockey performance, that game would have won.  But you know what, enough with the bitching.  This team is overachieving and I think it's time I acknowledge that.  This is me officially acknowledging the overachieving of this team.  They're sitting in 5th place with 17 points when they could easily be at 19 had they not dropped a couple points last week.  19 would put them tied for 1st.  I repeat, this team is a bullshit goal and a stupid penalty away from topping the east.  But let's not kid ourselves.  This team is not a first place team.  But the fact is that they are where they are with Cole not doing much, Pacioretty not scoring AT ALL and PK missing 6 games.  So it's safe to say that if a couple more things fall into place, they could make a little run.  And that's saying a lot for a team that finished dead last in the east last year and only added a few 3rd and 4th liners and 2 rookies.  So this frustrated blogger will take it easy and enjoy the ride.  Now excuse me while I triple-low-five my grandmother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah a little fresh perspective is just what the doctor (recchi) ordered.

Beckenbauer said...

this team will miss the play-offs and I couldn't care less. I'm looking forward to another high draft pick. I'm tired of a team that's bullshitting its way to an 8th place finish. I'm sick of a team that can't put away the Panthers. The only way to become a better team in this league is by drafting PKs, Prices, Gallys. Enjoy the 48-game camp, guys. This season is for shits and giggles.

Cheers!

Angry Habs Fan said...

Hahaha just waiting for it to all come crashing down eh! Well we need not worry about Toronto or Ottawa in our division this year. If Buffalo craps their pants and loses a few more games we may have a shot at being in the top 8. Even with a mediocre club.