Saturday, March 17, 2012

Have you ever seen people so happy after a tie?

The impact scored their first MLS goal today in what was a great moment for soccer in Montreal. 50,000 ethnic people made the courageous journey to the big O. I guess most of them haven't seen the news lately. Are they nuts? That's like going to a game in Bosnia. You never know when a huge cement pillar will crush you like a cockroach.

If there was ever a year for the Habs to miss the playoffs, this is it. The Impact would have 4 greeks watching them if the Habs were making a push for the playoffs, or dare I say a cup run. It sucks but that's the way it is. Personally, I find soccer played outside the World cup and the Euro is insanely boring. There's something about wating 90 minutes for a goal that doesn't sit right with me. And the fact that some guys are walking. But hey, that's me.

In any case, let's enjoy this moment. It will probably be a tough season for the Impact, and that's to be expected for any expansion franchise. I fully support them, although I ain't dragging my ass all the way to the east end to watch them.

No comments: