Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Morning Bell for Thursday March 8th 2012

Today's honorary ringer: Peyton Manning

Peyton was released by the alcoholic owner of the Colts on Wednesday, 24 hrs before he was set to be payed a $28 million bonus. To me, this was a sad situation but all parties got a good deal. The colts will draft a kid who is regarded as the next elite QB, Peyton gets a fresh start somewhere else instead of having this eager kid brown nosing him all season and Jim Irsay (the owner) gets to sift through tons of hate mail for letting go of the guy who singlehandedly saved the franchise. I gotta say, he handled it like a champ. No sobbing, just enough emotion so we could see how much he really cared about the fans and the city. This will either be the smartest move the Colts ever made or the dumbest.

Tonight, a battle of epic proportions will take place in Alberta. The winner get 2 points, the loser get the title of NHL's second worse team. You know where I stand. It's time the players get their asses in gear and start making it easy on me. Best case scenario is Budaj in nets for a 9-8 loss. I want to lose, but I still wanna see our guys score. I'm not an animal.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Leafs lost again.

No comments: