Saturday, March 9, 2013

Death, Taxes and Brendan Gallagher's balls

As we all know, there are 2 certainties in life, death and taxes.  Well I think we would all agree that we can add a 3rd.  Brendan Gallagher's enormous testicles.  This kid never ceases to amaze me.  Up by 3, down by 1...it doesn't matter.  This kid will dive head first into a Chara slap shot to win a game.  Never seen a guy be less scared of getting his head ripped off by guys twice his size.  Gotta love it.

On a personal note, I think I need to take a page from Brendan's book.  I, unlike him, have no balls.  Mid way through the 2nd period, my pregnant wife guilt tripped me into watching a movie.  She kindly asked I PVR the game and watch it after.  With the game heading in a direction I didn't like and it being Saturday night and all, I acquiesced.  Worst. Decision. Ever.  Not only did I have to watch that unexpected, in your face, ain't karma a bitch comeback 2 hours everybody else, but I had to sit through a French movie from 1997.  My house still smells like vomit.

Whatever, back to the game.  Man was it ever sweet to stick it to that team after they almost ruined our 3-0 game a few weeks back.  Although it's hard to be mad at them seeing as how that game was the first of 11 straight in which the Habs got a point.  Aah fuck it, they can kiss my ass.  Guy "I'm a Bond villain" Boucher looked none too pleased after his team stank it up in the 3rd.  TB (which at this point might as well mean tuberculosis) ain't looking good to make it to the post season.  What looked like a match made in Heaven with their shiny new head coach is now looking like disappointing year.

Now before we start getting too comfortable in first place, let's not forget a minor detail.  And by minor I mean huge.  Our beloved #8 went down hard last night.  Didn't look like much when it happened but you knew just looking at his face that he was in major pain.  Reminds me of HF4's face after he came back from Greece.  Prust doesn't embellish so we can only assume he'll miss a bit of time after that.  Hopefully his teammates learned a few things watching him play this year.  That means you Travis "I make my wife" Moen and Colby "stop calling me Lance" Armstrong.  Time to step up to the plate and fight Milan Lucic.  Just kidding, you'd get murdered.  But for the love of God go out there and kick a little more ass.

Next stop Sawgrass Mills.  I mean a meeting with the Florida Panthers.  Let's wrap up this trip by keeping our perfect record against the worst division in pro sports followed by great bargains at the outlet mall of course.

TLF

1 comment:

Dada said...

Me: Everytime I don't watch the game, they win
My wife: So do not watch then.