Sunday, January 8, 2012

Game review: Habs win again. Let the playoff run begin!

Aaaight mofos. DC is back in this hell hole of a freezer just in time to discuss last night's game. But before we get into that, I'm happy to report that my return home was particularly wonderful after finding that my refrigerator broke down while I was away. Do you know what 2 week old non-refrigerated chicken smells like?

So, Now that we're in 2012 and the world is gonna end anyways, I've decided to go optimistic. For now. That is until they lose.

Now my opinion may be a little off after only watching highlites for the last 2 weeks, but that was a great game. Lots of chances in both directions, good flow, crowd seemed into it. I was a little disappointed that Eller didn't score 4, but I'm in a good mood, so I'll let it slide. It was also nice to see this team finally put up back to back wins at home. After a horrendous first half, we obviously can't afford to drop many more games at home.

Now in all the Cunneyworth shitstorm, let's call it Cunneygate, I hadn't noticed something. Our new coach may not know how to speak francais, but he sure as hell knows how much ice time to give his 4th line. Blunden and Darche played about 5 minutes a piece. Eller is getting a regular shift with his 20 mins and Emelin continues to lay out the body for 20 minutes a game. Me likey.

So let's not get too excited, but who knows, this could be the beginning of the run than could make the last month of the season worth watching.

PS: Winter sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When was the last "too many men" penalty?

Public Domain said...

@anon - oooh nice one